So... Friday and Saturday Stew and I had our very first yard sale...and probably our last. It was some hard work. We organized our stuff and set aside the stuff we were going to sell in our den and then the night before we put all of the furniture we were going to sell in the front room. The furniture that we decided we were going to sell was: table and chairs, 2 bookcases, a dresser, a desk, a twin bed, and a baker's rack. We got up pretty early to start setting things out and had our first set of people looking and buying stuff at 6:30am!!! We weren't going to start until 8am. Stew and Ethan went and put up our big cardboard signs, while I stayed and sold stuff. We were praying like crazy that it wasn't going to rain...and it didn't until about an hour before we started taking things down. We made some good money the first day, which will go towards paying for gas for the moving truck. Out of the furniture we were selling we sold our table and chairs, 2 bookcases, and a dresser.
Yesterday didn't go as well. We did manage to sell the twin bed, but not the desk and the baker's rack. We also sold some small stuff. We decided that whatever we didn't sell we were going to donate to Goodwill. When we were ready to go in the house a car drove up and asked if we were done with our yard sale. We told him yes and all the stuff we didn't sell we were going to get rid of. He took a bunch of stuff for free so we didn't have to try to load up our car to drop it off.
Stew and I got a little sunburned and also got lost of bug bites. Our bodies are sore from moving the furniture around a couple times. But we are grateful we were able to make some money for our trip coming up.
10 years ago
1 comment:
Chera I am glad you had some luck! I know how much work they are and it stinks when you get rained out or just no business. So... I can't beleive you guys are going to Canada! You are going to be so far away! I wish you the best as you travel.
Post a Comment